Monday, August 15, 2005

Negativity...Yeah whatever

Yesterday the kids went outside to play with their friends after church..So it was about 10:30 am....They came in for brief periods to get popsciles and beverages...Finally around 6:45 we tell them it is time to come in.

Afterall they had not eaten dinner yet, and they both needed baths and whatnot..Oldest spawn needed to get his homework for summer school done..(yes it is Sunday and I am just NOW having him do it..)
this is the point at which everything went way wrong...

On the second we told him it was time to get his homework done this is the situation that proceeded..

OS: " why does everyone in this house hate me?"
HUBBY: "noone hates you, its just time to get your work done"
OS:I hate school and I wish homework was a bad word"
HUBBY: " son it is very important you do your best and get all your homework done"
OS:" I am just sick of all the negativity in this house, I am just trying it live a life"
HUBBY:" son you have been outside all day and now it is time for baths and homework"
OS:" Ihate this, stop ...This house is just filled with negativity, I cant take it"

at this point he is crying and screaming...

then he says he is going to the basement to do the work because no one is talking to him down there and I guess there is no negativity down there..I tell the hubby you better go down and make sure he isn't watching TV..

Well to make a long story short...HE WAS..

HUBBY:" ok, you need to come upstairs and do your work"
OS:" I wish I could just be alone, I hate all the negativity"

So now hubs comes over to me and says he thinks this kid may need some counseling..To which I agree...When you ask this child to do something he has a screaming panic attach of sorts..Not sure why..He is basically a good kid....When he gets to do what he wants..

OS: " I am just trying to live a life..Just trying to get by..Trying to have fun..And you guys always wreck it..I don't know why you hate me"
HUBBY (says to me) " ok, now if they said he needed medication would we give it to me?"

ME " your kidding right"
HUBBY:" well would we..."
ME:" um...dah!!"

This kid really needs prozac...I know , I know what your thinking...Tom Cruise knows best and there is no reason anyone needs meds and there are no such things as chemical imbalances or whacked out kids....But seriously...This kid needs some therapy....Tom cruise may think he knows pyscology but he needs therapy himself...I am not wanting my kid to turn out as crazy as he is...So if he needs prozak or a lobotomy...He will get it..LOL

Nuf said..;)
Toodles

15 comments:

Foxy said...

he sounds like my daughter the drama queen..lol i would be careful tho- these docs are quick to drug people before they take the time and energy to see if there really is a problem, or see if there are other alternatives...i dunno- i'm no expert, but good luck!

eyes_only4him said...

MWH, yes he is a nutcase..lol,and i was hoping by collge he would outgorw it..crap..thanks for the heads up;)

angie,he is 8 and half..gonna be in 3rd grade....i am hoping he grows out of it..or he may be in bording school..lol(just kidding)

vani, i honstly am not sure i would ever put him on anything,,and fist he would be seen by a dr and therapist..I am not one to give kids drugs myself..and i agree that docs are drug happy..

Tee/Tracy said...

8 1/2... hm. I haven't gotten there yet. My son just turned 7, so I don't have any advice. I hope it's just a phase. It's tough when they get all nasty like that.

The Seriously Ill said...

Don't take all this too seriously. Your son may just be bored with school. I was very bored in school to the point that I dropped out in my junior year. I joined the air force and did well in the service, but I always felt that "dropout" stigmatized me so I kept it secret. Eventually I went back to school and got a BA and law degree from two highly rated schools. Find out why he hates homework so much. Maybe dad or mom could sit with him and help him with it. Oh yeah and listen to Tom Cruise, "there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance." As a currently manic bipolar person, I should know damnit!!! God I hate when you look at me like that!!! STOP!!!!! I SAID STOP!!!!! JUST FORGET IT, I HATE YOU.

eyes_only4him said...

firehotgranny,well when i can get him into the mayo clinic..lablotomy here we come;)

Tee, it is hard when they get like that..he only started doing this the last year or so..thing he is a very smart kid..very wise..he just hates being told what to do..same thing when i ask hi, to clean his room...fun fun;)

Seriuosly Ill, wow good for on going back and getting a law degree..well we do sit and help him with it..and i will admit the math these 3rd graders are bringing home is way over my head..i think he just has trouble with authority and not getting to do what he wants all day long...

about bipolar..my sister is bipolar and schizoprhanic..i have a few cousins who i think are bipolar as well...and i had one cousin kill herslef..she was also bipolar and manic..also additced to xanex...good luck to you and thnaks for stopping by;)

momma of 2 said...

oh geez - it's just a boy thing, actually I think it's a summer school thing....nope scratch that - it's a I HATE HOMEWORK THING... no wait that was me, where was I.... NEGATIVIITY??? where in the world do they come up with this? He's 8 - I am so scared... I don't ever want big guy to be older than 5 - it's about all I could handle. Maybe you should have him journal his feelings, to express how he feels about all of this negativity...LOL

Anonymous said...

LOL well I would say a lobotomy is a little harsh, but meds might be needed.

And I bet he has nothing on my neighbor's kid, and she is only 6. He may not even need therapy.

Sounds like to me he is looking for attention and knows how to push your buttons and make you feel bad. Even negative attention is attention in a way. Recently I was having problems with my 4yr old, and I just had to rethink my strategy, and it worked.

Sorry it is the Psychology major in me coming out!

Anonymous said...

I know this must be hard, seriously. The one comment about negative attention gave me a thought. Really, maybe, he needs mom/dad time all on his own. Like, a date. He seems to love playing with his friends, trying to make friends--this makes him feel good. Just a thought. Take care. :)

eyes_only4him said...

Mommaof2, I think its more of a "i am so lazy please dont acctaully make me doing anthing..thing..lol" the journal idea is very good;)

Charity, thanks for stopping, and yes any attention will do for kids..although he really isnt lacking in that dept...but a lobotmy may be a bit harsh..lol

Marel, I do think your right...this may be something we have to with with him...and his sister too...thanks;)

Heather,smae as marel..good idea...it is just hard to work all that in with three kids and being home all day...when the hubby gets home i just want to crawl in a hole and be alone..lol...but it is a very good idea and i may try it..thnaks bunches;)

The English Student said...

Kids this day and age do have a lot more pressure than we realize. I think that getting therapy would be a good thing. I got therapy when I starting freaking out about school. They thought that I was going to have a nervous breakdown in 5th grade.

Me said...

Tom Cruise sucks....except in "Top Gun". He was hot in there...lol.

Wow, he's 8 1/2? They start that stuff that young??? Man, I'm not looking forward to that!

I'd offer some advice, but Grace is only 6 months. I don't know squat!

Hang in there honey!!

eyes_only4him said...

Heather..I will join your hole anyday..lol...just tell me where to dig;)

Gina, I think he does have panic attacks..kinda weird...and when school starts I want him to start seeing the counccler once a week;)

Beth..you wait..your time will come;)

Twisted Lady said...

Okay, you are really scaring me here. My kids are too young to string that many words together. Is this what's in store? Arghh...

Anonymous said...

wow, that's all I gots to say.

eyes_only4him said...

theresa, sorry babe...its all gonan happen before you no it..lol..lucky you;)

Tammy, nuf said...lol