Thursday, August 11, 2005

Mouthy little sucka

So I picked up my oldest spawn from his day at summer school..We are in the car and this is the conversation that proceeded

OS: "this is just the best day I have ever had"

ME: "oh really , why is that?"

OS: "if you cant tell I was being pacific"

ME: " pacific?...Huh"

OS: " you no, when you say something you don't really mean..Don't you no anything mom ?"

Me: " seriously kid, I have no clue what you are talking about..Pacific is an ocean my dear"

OS:.." Oh, I mean sarcastic...You no what that means don't you..Like when I say your the nicest mom in the world"

ME: " You keep it up and you will be in your room all day..And I am NOT being sarcastic"

OS: " nuf said mom"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a 7 yr old who is very serious at times and we try so hard not to laugh at her use of words. Our favorite is still 'patriotical'- "I am very patriotical when I wear red, white and blue."

The English Student said...

LOL!

I have to say I laughed outloud when I read "If you can't tell I was being pacific." That was a CLASSIC line.

Your kid is a smart ass but the "...like when I say you're the nicest momen in the world" line was pretty good...I have to remember that.

eyes_only4him said...

firehotgran, you can alwyas make an excuse for him cant you..lol

anagie,patroitcal..that is too cute..lol

peanutt, yes kids are..when they arent being mouthy that is..lol

TES,you wait..your day will come...lol..kids..funny little creatures:)

NJ, yes I had to overlook it..I was so laughing on the inside..:)

Me said...

Oh my...I laughed so hard after I read that because I remember being that way. It seems to get younger and younger now, doesn't it?

eyes_only4him said...

bethy, yes the mouth starts earlier and earler..lol

Heather,hi sounds like you may have some humours tales of your own..lol..nice to meet you..please stop by anytime..i am gonna come check you out now:)

Robin said...

Cheeky little guy, huh? LOL

Tammy said...

oh that's so funny.