Wednesday, August 31, 2005

In the crapper

No one will even believe the story I am about to tell..So I just wont do it..You can not make me..Nope..You wont believe it anyway..I swear, I have no idea why these things happen to me..But alas, they always do..

OK you have twisted my arm..So I will spill the beans..

Earlier today I was enjoying a nice semi peaceful afternoon..Until oldest spawn asks me " hey, why is there water all over the wall?"

Now you must understand he said this in a somewhat joking matter..But as I came to realize..This was no joke..
I walked over to the kitchen where he was standing, and he says " look, up there"..Pointing at the ceiling..

And sure enough there was a big ole crack in my ceiling with water dripping thro the cracks...I run upstairs and check the bathroom..And sure enough..The darn toilet has overflown and flooded my bathroom..

Now what makes me mad about the whole thing..Was last night I asked hubby to please plunge that toilet because it was not flushing..Guess what....he didn't ...Hence the flood gates..

Now the toilet had not been used since about 7am when I woke up...So I have no idea how long it had been leaking or overflown toilet water onto my kitchen floor..

Now what angers me the most is hubby blames this on me and the Tampex corporation...But he does not realize..That stuff is biodegradbale..Come on..The thing is flushable..I have been flushing it for years..So why on this very day, has it all of a sudden flooded my bathroom???

Now if he would of plunged the toilet when I told him too...This would not of happen..After I saw the situation..I went to the basement bathroom, and got the plunger, walked up 2 flights of stairs..And wala...Problem solved..If he would of done that very thing...I would not have toilet water on my kitchen floor..End of story:)

***************************************************
Now Thursday morning is going to be a great morning..I will send my 2 older spawns off into the world of public education..Middle spawn will start her first day of kindergarten and oldest spawn will head off to the 3rd grade..I am so proud of the both of them..But I am looking forward to some quiet time...I have to work in the morning so I will try to post the pics before I leave..If I cant I will when I get home..I know u will all be waiting..LOL

Talk to ya on the flip side
Toodles

10 comments:

momma of 2 said...

UGH - I hate toilet problems...and Hubby's will always blame the Tampax corporation for those types of problems...That's why we got the one that can flush 12 golf balls at once... no more toilet problems... I suppose that's too much info.

Cliff said...

For this to happen you have to have two problems at once. The toilet must be plugged AND the toilet has to keep 'running'. I wonder if your flapper needs work or replaced.
'Flapper' does not refer to facial body parts.

eyes_only4him said...

MWH, um I think the hubby made the crapper have leakage issues..thats my story anyway:)

Heather, already doen that..LOL..acctually I disifected the whole permiter and took my clorex wipes..( I buy them in bulk:) and wiped my ceiling with them...I have some kind of santizer within arms reach at all times..lol

Jackie, nothing new..you already knew the story..LOL..the joys of being family.LOL

Momma, so your hubby blames the corpartion too huh??..men are so stupid..sorry fellas:)

Cliff, LOL...and yes you are right on both accounts..the toulet was running and I had known it..but I think we have it all fixed now..I hope anyway..LOL

Jamie Dawn said...

I feel for you on this one. I hate when a toilet stops up and HATE if it runs over.

Anonymous said...

Yuck! I hate toilet problems and all leaks. Have you heard that yeast flushed down once a month works wonders in preventing clogs in the system? You might want to add that to your monthly to do list. :) Once again, your boy is a fountain of help and information. heehee :)

Tammy said...

Damn husbands always trying to blame us for things that they did or in this case didn't do. LOL.

Sorry about the mess hope you got it cleaned up ok.

Robin said...

Yeah, it NEVER has anything to do with the fact that they might clog the john with one of their toxic craps, does it? It's just easier to blame the wife.

Me said...

I don't think I've ever flushed a tampon....lol...I was always told it'd clog :)

iPosty said...

hate to tell you, but um.. they're not as bio-degradable as you might think.. we just spent hundreds of dollars having our plumber roto-rooter our sewer line and guess what he found? Months if not years of "flushable" tampons in the line..

bad, bad, bad...

My wife has promised no more flushing them..

Felecia said...

Hi there - have just taken a peek at your blog and couldn't help but post a comment here because last November, I became the victim of a similar 'crappy' situation...

Our oldest tried the ole' "wonder how much toilet paper can fit in that thing" test. We were thankful for homeowner's insurance and got two new bathrooms out of the deal (upstairs flooded the downstairs), but that didn't change the fact that I had TOILET WATER ALL OVER. Ish...