Monday, August 22, 2005

Are you spiritual or religious

Why..Why is what I ask myself a bit. I believe in God I believe that Jesus died for our sins..But I also wonder things..Why would a God who is suppose to love..Let cruel things go on..

Such as war, cancer, starving nations, and violence of other kinds..

Why do we have children in other countries dying of diease and starvation? Why we do have children everywhere who suffer and die painful deaths in the hands of cancer, diease or child killers?

Why do we have war and fighting?...Is killing other people and causing mayhem and destruction in other parts of the world solving any problems?..Or is it making situations worse for the folks who actually live there?...

Why do we have to deal with famine and AIDS?

If I question these things..Does that mean I question GOD?..I don't think so...But maybe it does...I did not grow up in a family where religion or church was important..Not important enough to take us to church anyway..But you still believe..I think there is something greater than us all..Do I think it is GOD?...Yes I do...Do I think GOD sent Jesus to die for all of us..You bet I do....

Do I think if your religion does not believe these things that you are wrong and going to spend eternity in hell...??...No way...I enjoy learning about other religions and cultures..Not that I would ever convert to Muslim or Juddisism...It is just all fascinating to me....That humans on this good Earth have different looks and views in things..And to discriminate against a person because they aren't the same religion as you..Or to kill and torture them is just wrong..This world today frankly scares me to death..

I mean at any point in time our water supply could be tainted, the schools our kids go to everyday could be blown up, a plane could take a nose dive into the building we work in, our food supply could be tainted..

and why?...Not sure why..So many people have hate in them..Maybe it is jealously as we Americans are very fortunate and have many more opportunities that every other counrty out there...Maybe it is because we don't practice their religious practices..Maybe its because you can really be born with the devil in you..

Really who knows the answers? I sure don't...I am not sure I would even want to know the answers if they were brought to me by GOD himself..

Anyway..These were just things on my mind today...Sorry...


**************************************************

Later today I am going to post some pics of the work I did all weekend..I need to get the floors cleaned up...I got all the carpet out and padding..Now I need to go over it with a good scrubbing...Looks really nice so far..

Well have a happy Monday.Toodles

13 comments:

Robin said...

I think no matter what you believe, it's always good to question things. That's just what I think. :-)

Nicole said...

I agree with Robin. God speaks to you when you ask questions. Not directly, but sometimes it's so clear its like a slap in the face. I believe God allows those things because of free will. He is giving us the opportunity to choose between right and wrong. With disease we come up with the debate of stem cells and such. I believe that death is a way for us to learn to appreciate living and doing His work. Sometimes, when He takes a child, its because He wants them in heaven with Him. He's not going to write in the sky, "believe in me", otherwise it wouldn't be called faith, it would be called fact. He wants us to choose to follow Him. I'll get off my soapbox now.

:) Princess

eyes_only4him said...

Robin, agreed;)

Princess,so true about the faith and fact thing..and I belive too that givng us the option of choosing right form worng..just seems that more people chose to do wrong..just amazes me:)

NJ, very true..but we are human..and that is what we do sometimes..I dont question GOD or the belif in him..just things that happen in this world really frighten me..and it seesm someimes He is the only one who can fix it..

D, yes..same here..But I do beilve in GOD and Jesus died for our sins..My kids go to church every Sunday..they do sunday school and every activity they can there..They are being brought up in a way i was not...Church is very imporatnt here in my house..and I hope my kids never question things...Not that I am qeutioning things...just curoius is all;)

eyes_only4him said...

heather, yes very intresting view..I dont think GOD lets things happen...I just wonder sometimes WHY things happen...ya no what I mean?

keesh said...

It is totally normal to question things. I too grew up where religion was not important. I have vowed to make a committment to give my son the opportunity to learn about God and how Jesus died for his sins. I don't believe you have to go to Church to get to Heaven, but I sure do learn a lot when I do go. I love what bipolarprincess has ot say about it. I am totally with her.

off the subject - does D's photo look strange to anyone else? LIke reflective layers or something?

eyes_only4him said...

Kish, I am with ya on that.I am doing the same with my kids...

yes D,s picture is like weird..not sure how she did...but it looks like 2 differnt pics in one..she is crazy like that..lol

momma of 2 said...

I think it's good to ask questions, if no one questioned, then we'd be thinking the earth was flat...

I can't wait to see how the floor turned out.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Good and interesting. I agree. Everyone's comments were along where I believe also. I personally always feel there are things that I should be doing (not works just in thought and heart) to have a closer relationship with God and His Son. These are things that I work on--when I do some these things, I feel more at peace. This is how I deal with the things that I see around our world today. Talk to you later, Girl.

Me said...

I actually read your post earlier at work, but wanted to read it a little better so I could comment :)

What an interesting topic. I don't think God "lets" things happen. He gives us all of our own tools to use. It's up to us to use them as their meant to be used. And if no one questioned him, we wouldn't be able to truly learn about his wisdom and love.

Have a good Monday honey!!

eyes_only4him said...

Mommaof2,my point exactly:)

Marel,I like your thinking..I feel that I can change many things as well;)

Beth, I dont think God LETS things happen..it was bad wording on my part...I just wonder why certain things do happen...and I agree about the questioning part..:)

Tammy said...

Wow, that was interesting. I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Jamie Dawn said...

I saw the pics above. I LOVE wood floors. They are so beautiful!

I think we will always have more questions unanswered than answered. In the end, we have to choose to have faith or not have faith. It's that simple. I choose to believe there's a God. I don't know why he lets so much bad go on, but I trust there's a heaven and I hope to be there someday.

As for those in this world who are filled with hate and who kill others. I can't tolerate them at all. I stand with President Bush on this one. We must go where they are, let them come and make their fuss in Iraq, but when all is said and done, we must win. I care way too much about my kids and future grandkids to let maniac terrorists have free reign in this world. No way! This is a war we must see through to victory.

Jamie Dawn's rant is now over. Praise God!

Anonymous said...

I think these are questions we have all pondered at some time or another. My belief is these aren't the actions od God. I believe Satan walks among us. I believe he is to blame for all of the pain and heart ache. Those are the same questions that Terry (my husband) asks, most of the things that caused him to lose faith. We have to choose whether we turn away or believe. I choose to believe and that there is a better place for all of us.