Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Holy Crap I am an awful parent

So my mother has been here last few nights as her appartment is not ready till Tuesday afternoon. And when she lived in Michigan we had a nightly ritual of playing yahoo eurcher in the evening. And we always lost..I mean always!!

So I came up with this bright idea that while she is here that we still play..I on my laptop and her on my desktop..Only I am right next to her and we know what cards we each have..hense....(cheating).. I know its wrong and I know I am going to hell for that (among many other things, I have come to terms with this, so dont worry)

But in the 3 nights we have been "burning up " the card tables , we have won twice:)

So Monday night as my mother and I are playing our diabolical game of Eucker, Kissing Spawn comes down the the basment. he ask what we are doing , and I tell him we are playing cards. As we are telling our oppents gg at the end of our game Kissing Spawn says "you should type to them that your cheating, ya no that isnt right. Mom you should not be cheating"

Yes I know this, but mom has a sick need to win at least one freaking game and yet even with our cheating our rating have sunk even lower than before we started doing wrong. Ok I am hanging my head in shame...I am a bad, bad, girl:)

Well hubby has had a few bites on his resume..One in South Carolina..So we will see what comes of it. We are not taking anything unless it is right. So keep your fingers crossed.

Sorry I have not been to see everyone. I have been very busy and the only time I have to blog is between painting and housework. I am hoping by Tuesday night or I can be on my regular blogging schedule:)...

I will try and post some pis of the living room later. it has turned out pretty nice. I have to babysit in the moring till about 1, and I am taking the kids to the park and meet up with anohter mom and her daughter. should be fun.

Well I am sorry I am not my normal fun and witty self.. I am stressed and tired..But I luv all my peeps and I will be back to normal very soon:)

10 comments:

Choppzs said...

My sister Beth and I used to do that too!! lol We would get on our cell phones while we were online and tell each other what we had so we could win!! Gosh I love Euchre, and it sucks cause out here no one knows what the heck it is. Even when we lived in Hawaii, and NC no one knew what it was either so it has been YEARS since I have been able to play a real game of euchre with real people. When my sissy comes out here with our brother I get to finally play. I am so excited!!

Don't feel bad, my daughter has said things to me too about lying. She heard me talking to my husband about something, and then go and tell something else to somebody and she said "Mommy, why don't you tell so and so what you told Daddy? Isn't that lying??" lol I felt like such a horrible mom!! Now I just know not to open my big mouth in front of her!

keesh said...

Oh Christina there are way worse things you could be doing!
Great to hear you are meeting another Mom, maybe you guys will become great friends and go out and party together sometime :).

momma of 2 said...

Have a good time at the park, can't wait to see your latest project - am sure it will be awesome. Glad the Hubby's resume is getting some bites..may they be good ones!

eyes_only4him said...

choppz, lol I am glad i am not the only one going to hell..i will be sure to save a spot for u and Beth:)

Kish, yes maybe so...but i know we wont be here that long but I will enjoy it while I can :)

Momma, thanks, we always have a good time at the park..and i will get the picutres up tonight probably

Misty said...

i agree... far worse things you could be doing. i had to laugh though, that your ratings have sunk....
blogging is hardly the most important thing in your life. prioritize time for you amidst the stresses of life...
and be grateful that you have such a wise son. :)

Foxy said...

i am caught doing bad things all the time by my daughter- sometimes i think i created a monster- with the pleases and thank you's, and this and that..lol but my mother in law says- "u should be thankful, she could be completely the opposite!" and i guess that would be worse-lol

Tee/Tracy said...

Ah, you have to love when kids catch you doing something naughty and reprimand you ;)

Hope the job search is over soon. It stinks to have your resume out and just wait and wait :p

Robin said...

Good luck with your mom, good luck with your painting, and you are not a bad mom. :-)

Peanutt said...

Sometimes cheating is a fundamental part of life! LOL. Yeah, its funny, when you tell your kid "don't lie, cheat, blah, blah, blah" and then they catch you doing it and want to rat you out! I just love my kids for that! So I know now that I won't be going into Yahoo Euchre anytime soon!
Can't wait to see your pics!

Melis said...

Hey.. all's fair in war and cards, right?? If they don't win cuz they weren't cheating, oh well! LOL And I agree... there's far worse things that you're kids could be busting you for! ;) Good luck (*fingers crossed*)with your hubby's resume!!