Wednesday, January 04, 2006

When I can not watch my soap, the drama comes to me

I have had one crappy morning. No NBC...Then I had no internet for 4 hours....This is torture..

But all while this was going on, I had some drama occur. I have mentioned about my sister. She has major learning disabilities and married a guy who I am convinced will molest her children someday. They have 2 young kids, and he is in the Navy and has been out to sea since Sept and will be back in March.

Long before they moved to Virginia Beach and joined the Navy, they were awful parents. They lock their son in his room because they don't want to deal with him, they don't clean their house..I mean it is so nasty I would not use the bathroom or sit on her furniture.

Now she has a baby, well she will be one in a few weeks. And the other day she gave the baby one of her sons pills..Which is similar to Ritlin....Yes, she gave the baby drugs, not only that but she also left the baby alone while she had a neighbor drive her uptown.

There are many other things she does that makes me say she is not a good mother, but I wont bore you with this..

My point is I had talked her into letting me take her kids until her crappy as all get out husband gets back. I had it set, the hubby and I were leaving Friday, a 23 hour journey. He had taken the days off of work and Old Mother Hen was going to stay here with my kids while we run across country trying to save the lives of these kids before she kills them.

Well now she has changed her mind and decided she needs a vacation . Mind you they have NO money. They can not afford to pay bills, and when they do have money they waste it..I wont even go into that...

I am the only member of her family that has offered to help to her. She complains no one helps her...Well when you are 28 years old and raising kids, you are old enough o take care of yourself...But unless you are sending her money or offering a handout, she does not want it...

One day one of her kids will end up dead. This is an awful thing to say, but it is true...

I think she has that syndrome where the mothers hurt their kids to get attention...Plus between her and her husband both their IQ,s are that of a chimpanzee...with the chimp being a tad smarter....

So what the hell am I suppose to do?....

Oh, and I have NBC now, so I got double the drama.....

I knew my strongly worded letters would get things rolling....I have a way with these things you no...

Did any of this post make any dang sense....I am so befuddled right now.....No one in the family really knows the extent of what she does....And frankly, I am done worrying about it...

I am leaving it in Gods hands, cuz mine aren't good enough...

Toodles

update...now she wants me to get them...I am confused, I hate to make the trip and have her change her mind...But give her 30 minutes and she will change her mind again....I am not sure what I will do...I will keep you posted...

18 comments:

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

WOW! You definately need to get help for those kids! Does your mom know about all this? I know it's hard, but something has got to be done....crap, I'm speechless.....

pack of 2 said...

Those poor kids. I can't even imagine the life they live. It's too bad she won't let you take care of them for awhile....like the rest of their lives. congrats on getting NBC back!

Angie

keesh said...

Christina - my aunt works for Child Protective Services and in Good Faith, you MUST report this. There is no way she should leave a baby at home alone while going away from the home. it is beyond right. I suggest you report her to CPS. You can do it anonymous if you need to.

eyes_only4him said...

hey guys,
the funny thing is socil serves has been called many times..

now she has changed her mind and wants me to get them....i am not sure what to do...

it is a 23 hour drive, and i am not going to drive all the way there and have her change her mind before i get there..

WTF.....

Jewl said...

Listen chicky,
I would either call social services and/or contact her husband's unit/base and ask to speak to his superior. Explain who you are and ask if they can at least do a "Health and Comfort" check on his house... Since he is in the military they will very much want to get things taken care of... There should also be a place called Family Service Center that might be able to help you. Go on line, look up his base or port, whatever and look for contacts that might be able to you. Make sure you know his rank and social...

Anonymous said...

I would go and not give her a choice. I would go, call children's services and have her sign over custody or whatever. Those children are in danger. Giving the baby ritalin? Most ADHD (unless they are considered a non-stimulant) are akin to speed. She could kill that poor baby. Could you live knowing what you do? I don't mean to make you feel guilty or anything like that, but if it were me I would jerk a knot in her ass so quick she wouldn't know what happened. Good luck and prayers for you and your family and those poor babies.

Also I agree with the idea of going to his superiors.

eyes_only4him said...

I am leaving friday to get them...I am ONLY keeping them till her husband gets back in March..Unless something drastic happens...

keesh said...

who has called social services in hte past though? Are you positive they have been called? You need to call yourself I think than you know what is up. I agree with Jewl. You gotta get those kids permantly removed from the situation and you have the perfect opportunity if you get them for a month, that gives you a month to start the process, gives a social worker a chance to visit their home, etc.. call now woman!

Foxy said...

that's terrible girl, i'm sorry for those kids and for you who has to be in the middle- being the only who cares to do anything about it. its a hard position to be in..i hope things work out for the best.

Karin said...

Christina I am so sorry you are going through this right now. I think no matter what your sister says you have to go and get those kids. I agree that you should alert his superior officer because they will keep an eye on the situation. This will help give you peace of mind when the kids go back. If your sister tries to change her mind again when you get there explain to her that not having the burden of being a mom for a little while is a vacation. I will be praying for you and the kids until I know they are safely in your home.

eyes_only4him said...

accutally my mom is the one who called before belive it or not..

as it stands right now i am leaving friday to go get them..I hoping she will get her shit toghter in the meantime....

i really hate the thought of keeping her kids forver...things are tight as it is, and i think she more or less needs some parenting classes and some guindence....

I will post about the situation later

Peggy said...

If you contact the military they will do a home visit right away without notice and take the kids out of the home till she and hubby take parenting classes. You can call them when you get there and they will meet you there and let you have the children until they complete the classes and meet all military requirements on getting them back. I know this for a fact as my brother had to make sure one of his guys completed the classes when he was in the navy. The guy and his wife had a nasty house and little food. They didn't harm the children just didn't take good care of them so you should have no problem getting your sister made to take the classes.... CALL!!!

Peggy said...

OH! Can you believe that Hope and Bo's little boy is going to die and Belle's baby will get his liver????? Its going to be a box of tissue show!!

Kari said...

It's definatly better for the kids if you make the trip. Then once you're there don't take no for an answer! Let her know that before you leave that you are coming to get them, and you are leaving with them one way or another. It's sad to see children with parents like that. The child is helpless. You need to save them.

Me said...

Oh my goodness! I sure hope she gets some much needed help! I feel so bad for those kids.

I sure hope she makes up her mind. You are such a great sister to go and do that for her. We love ya!

Ditto to the NBC.....they really need to get the ball rolling on that show!

Anonymous said...

well, coming from the standpoint of a social worker, you can get into trouble if something happens to those kids, and you didn't say anything. WHEN you get there, go to the office of CPS and tell them who you are, and that if they don't go RIGHT NOW and do a home visit, you will SUE THEIR ASSES OFF IF SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THOSE KIDS. that'll get their attention. you have to get this done through the system, so that you can get a stipend from the government for temporary custody or something like that. you can go before the court and get orders for temporary custody until they get their crap together. i would advise you don't tell your sister when you are coming. make it a surprise. and when you get there, and if you walk in that house and things are bad, call the cops. they can get things rolling in the system, to force these two to clean up their act, or loose their kids. i can see right now that you are biting off way more than you can chew. but you have to realize right now, that she's going to hate your guts. but i don't care, and you shouldn't either. these kids lives depend on someone like you with a brain, getting in there, and saving them. everyone here, is in agreeance. you have to do something, if you can't get them, call the police. call cps and THREATEN. you have to threaten in order to get things done sometimes, and if your willing to get action for your NBC, then you are probably capable of getting some action for these kids. GO FOR IT. WE'RE PULLING FOR YOU, god will reward you for this, i promise!!!

mikster said...

Pretty much have to agree with all the other comments.

Melis said...

I'm glad your tube is cooperating. I'm really sorry about the stress of your sister and those babies! I think that I would just show up there and take them no matter what she said. JMO. I know that things aren't always that simple.. but I'm sure that IF she called the cops, and they stepped FOOT in her house, they would probably side with you anyway. Good luck girly... thoughts and prayers! :)