Friday, January 20, 2006

baringo

So my mom had this bright idea yesterday that her and I go play Texas Hold em at the local VFW hall. Mind you I have never played poker a day in my life, so this should be very amusing. She came over in the afternoon to teach me,I am a quick learner, or so I thought.

We play a few hands, and I am thinking this is pretty easy. So later that night we head off to the local VFW hall, neither one of us knew where it was , but thought it should be pretty easy to find. To make a long short short we drove all around the stinking city looking for this place..And come to find out it was about 5 blocks from my dwelling..

We walk in the place and everyone is staring at us. We are outcast...You want to know why? Because we have teeth and our hair is combed. I have never seen a more disheveled looking group of human beings in my life...And they are all staring at us..Like we were walking in on some sort of " hillbilly hangout we wasn't invited too"

The guy hands out these pieces of paper. They are playing their own form of Bingo, but they call it Baringo...You write down numbers and if they call your numbers you win a free drink...Well seeing I am not a drinker, I thought maybe a free diet coke wouldn't be too bad...

The first game starts and there is a winner after a few minutes...And they guy says " come on down and claim yur prize"....Well now I know for sure I will NOT be claiming any prizes if I win , as I do not want to take the walk of shame in front of these people who want to stone me ....Neither one of us win..Thank GOd..

We order some shrimp and cheese sticks. The waitress comes back and says its $ 10.50. My mom hands her $16.00 bucks and the woman says " do you want change"

My mom says " no"

I say
" that is one hellofa tip your leaving her.."
She is like "what its only 50 cents" I then tell her she handed her a 10 a 5 and a one dollar bill.

She then says..And I quote
" how the hell do I get that back?"...I tell her..."Um, you cant ask for a tip back you loser"


So we get a good laugh out of the whole bizarre money exchange.

Shortly there after the games begin. Mind you again I have NEVER played poker, nor am I a people person. The people at our table were nice....One was so old he looked like he could of been on life support if you took his smokes away...One was cross eyed..Two gentleman had no teeth..And the woman next to me..Well she was ok, I could not spot anything wrong with her..

I ended up winning 2 hands......How?....I don't have a stinking clue how, but I now think I was born to play poker..I will be going next week.
*********************************
My mom had a Dr. appointment yesterday with her oncologist..( she has had breast cancer twice and has had a masectomy)....This Dr told her that her type of cancer is genetically handed down and wants her to get genetic couneling ,to make sure she doenst have the genes for it, cause if she does, then I need to get the same blood work done...Ovairian cancer and breast cancer could strike at anytime if I am a carrier...Damn it...I was trying to hold of another 60 years before I had my boob willingly squished. Wanted to be so senile that I do not realize my bosoms are hanging out for another person to squish....Do they knock you out for that?....


*****************************

Well my laptop is on the Fritz. Which sadness me. I can not roam around my dwelling freely with an internet connection. Nope , Christina is reduced to actually walking down to the basement and having to sit on this hard chair. I am so much better than that. Hubby thinks we need a new battery. Damn it again. So if I do not respond to commnets or get to your blogs in a timely fashion this is why...This computer is so slow. Damn it again.

***************************
If I play poker now, does this mean I will be toothless, take up smoking and become a drunk?..Life might be looking up after all people.

Toodles

33 comments:

Karin said...

Knowing that you are an obcessive brusher I will not worry about you being toothless. I don't picture you smoking either. If you are not careful though you will have to go to counselling for your ganbling habit. Glad you had fun. Go to the Doctor!

Melis said...

Do ya yell out BARRRRINGO??? lmao Omg! That is just some funny shit there girly! Poker, huh? Nope, I won't be going there with ya girly.. .sorry! I can't play cards to save my ever lovin LIFE! So won't be attending Poker's Anonymous with ya either! LOL (unles hubby is the... NM!) LMFAO

Damn your damn laptop! I still say to humble give it back to hubby! *wink*

Hope everything turns out ok for your Mom, and YOU. But... on the bright side.. that's one hellava free reduction!

Oh yeah... Do you have your appt scheduled for next week??????

Melis said...

ps. No! They don't knock ya out for that. You're actually standing up... and seemingly NEVER close enough to the damn machine! Grrrrrrrrr!

eyes_only4him said...

karin,
this is very true..I am one heck of a good brusher..

the poker is free, you dont have to put any real money in...so no gamblers meetings for me..haha

melis,
well I dont know how to play either..I mean I know regular straight poker..but texas hold em..thats new for me..I think you would of had a smashing good time with me and mom..LMOA..

i will make an appotimnet Monday..for sometime in the near futrue;)

( i was thinking the same thing on the reduction..haha)

Peggy said...

I am so glad you have such a fun life.... it makes up for my boring one!! Oh! what ever happened with your sister and her kids?

Amy said...

Sounds like you found a new pass time! DH & I just purchased this electronic TX Hold 'Em game. Hopefully, we will get to it this weekend b/c he thinks that he is hot shit when it comes to poker. I really want to beat him bad! Can you tell I am competetive? LOL!

Good luck to you and your mom. Do whatever it takes for yourself - squished boob and all!

mikster said...

I think it's ok to play poker with teeth.....lol

eyes_only4him said...

Peggy,
well I tend to think my life is boring..heehee..
well I guess socil services is monitering the case, thast about all I know..I try not to think about it..I know thats bad.

AL,
well it is fun...if you no what your doing..and I dont..haha.

d,
well I would end up losing all my money anyway..so this is for the best...You dont win anything, just the satifaction you outlasted some of them..haha

I did get that comment..her heart dr never said anything about that..but I am going to inquire about it..let me know what you find out though..thank you sweety:)

Mike,
good...cuz thats the only way I will play...haha

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. I'm impressed that you won at poker so quickly. I'm thinking that I would like to learn also. I hope and pray everything looks good for both you and your mom. :)

momma of 2 said...

LOL - I've never played poker - played some card games in college - but I never won...but I think perhaps that was because Strawberry Strippers were involved...

eyes_only4him said...

Marel, well I didnt learn THAT fast...cause I lost more than I won..HHAHA..but it was fun anyway

momma,
I am not a good card player unelss its UNO..I can win at UNO..lmao

Cliff said...

Because we have teeth and our hair is combed...had me rolling on the floor. Too funny Christina.
I don't think you'll have to worry about turning into one of those old people if you don't go to a Dr.

eyes_only4him said...

cliff,
sad part about it is it was all true..haha

kylz,
well you bette stop playing while your head of the game..you you will be toothless before too long...LMAO..maybe you can give me some pointers;)

eyes_only4him said...

anna,
yup//it wasa hoot..might of been more fun if I was acctually drunk though..haha

mo3g,
i dont have anyone to play cards with either..i was to play eurcker online with mom, but since she lives here now i have noone to olay with..you learn and we can go play on yahoo toghter..haha

Anne Coleman said...

Wait, so you now have to sit like the rest of us to access the net?

Well...boohoo lol

I thought all those people played Bingo? At least they have to be related to the ones who play Bingo.

Stay away...far away...I think that chit rubs off on ya.

Well, I have a friend who had the testing done and although she had a mastectomy on one side she had the other removed as well to try and safeguard against it. Pleas go to the Doc hon....you KNOW I'll worry!

Twisted Lady said...

I bet all those poker people work at the flea market.

Peanutt said...

I sure hope you don't end up toothless!!!! Yikes!
My grandmother had breast cancer and masectomy. They say it skips a generation, who knows? My mom goes every year for a mammogram. It can be scary business. I hope it stays away from your mom and you!!!!

eyes_only4him said...

devil,
well I think about that for next time:)

Anne,
yes I have to sit on ahrd chair and not my soft sofa, aint it a shame?...and the connection is much slower in here for some reason..

you no you want to come with me next week:)

Blog Whore,
haha, they run the ones that sell ashtrays and broken hairbrushes..

pack of 2 said...

LOL...yeah, you have to be a toothless loser if you want to play poker...get on it sister...HAHAHHA

Shelly

eyes_only4him said...

peanutt,
well my mom already had it..and if it skips a genration then my girls could get it..guess I would rather get it then..that bites

Locust of borg,
haha i need to brush up on my poker face first...LMAO

Shelly,
I am working on it...LMAO

Jamie Dawn said...

Please do your best to keep your teeth, and please continue to comb your hair!
Your mom - the accidental big tipper. Funny!
I hope she has no more cancer recurrances.
Get your BUTT & the rest of you to the doctor!

J&J's Mom said...

Ahh..the crusher. Which reminds me..damn. Good luck with the Texas Hold' em thing...although I have to admit it's much more fun when You're playing with funny money the dealer just keeps handing you more chips whenever you need them!

Tee/Tracy said...

You run into such crazy characters!

The whole breast cancer thing creeps me out. I have way too many diseases floating around in my family, too.

eyes_only4him said...

jd,
no worries here..I plan on keeping neat hair and teeth..and I will go to the Dr...soon

J&J's mom
it is a lot more fun knowing your not blowing your own wad thats for sure..and they way I play..I would need to remortage my house..haha

Tee,
I know...the weirdos are drawn to me for some reason..

smae here, lots of weird crap runs in my bloodlines..

Unknown said...

I'm very scared about the umm...boob test. It just can't be healthy.

Prayin that all is well with you and your mom though

Foxy said...

u gotta teach me how to play, cuz i've never played either. i'd be scared of those toothless hillbillies..lol

keesh said...

They were just checking you out cause they thought you were HOT HOT HOT!! Whoomp there it is. Hanging with the poker jokers :). You know you loved every minute of it :).

Kristen said...

next you'll be hitting Vegas...

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you did not know, or have a clue about the VFW hall. YUCK

i can't imagine how bad you stank after coming out of there, but i did get a good laugh about your mom, wanting her money back. what a doofus. it must have been dark in there. again i say YUCK

if you want to play poker, get some nice friends together, don't go back into that den of iniquity

pack of 2 said...

You crack me up on so many levels!!!

Shelly

Dottie said...

The mental image of your whole outing just had me rolling! LOL
Where I'm at the old ladies take their regular bingo pretty seriously. I can only imagine how it would be if they were playing for drinks! YIKES!
I agree, go to the Dr....hope all is well with your Mom!

Anonymous said...

i think she's busy today, cause she usually gets right on here with her answers. something about a broken computer, or something.

eyes_only4him said...

im back....

was out shopping, and my other computer is now in the livivng room..all is good now..

i will be back to regaulr commenting...guess i need to write up a post first huh?