Friday, January 27, 2006

eatin good in the hood

So Old Mother Hen and I had our weekly Thursday outing last night. If you remember last week we hit the local VFW for a strapping game of Texas Hold Em. This week we opted against it. Instead we decided to go have a really dang good meal. So where did we go?..Well Applebees of course. They have there special of the 3 course meal for 12.99. I tried spinach and artichoke dip for the first time. It was so salty I downed 3 diet cokes in the span of 20 minutes. I think I consumed enough sodium in that one meal to cause hypertension and swelling of my ankles.

The place was packed so we ended up sitting by the door. And it was pretty cold out. Everytime the door opened a shot of ice cold air hit me straight on.

I then said, and I do quote " next person who opens that door I am going to punch in the face"

Not thinking anyone heard me, the next time the door opened, which was about 20 seconds after I said that , the hostess says " there's your man"

***********
Ok, I am saying this to let you know that I know Mr.Rodgers is dead. What I meant yesterday was the episode I watched he must have been about 50...Not that he is 50 now...Ok, we all good here..You guys must think I am one freaking idiot *insert eye rolling here*
**********
Meg's birthday is next Wednesday. She is having a party next Friday and having 2 of her little friends spend the night. I told her today if she did not clean her room, there would be no party.

She then says to me " well, I guess I will never turn 6 then."

To which I replied " so if you are 5 another year, that means I can be 30 one more year, ok this works for me"
********
I am adding to my blogroll over the weekend, I had some I wanted to add and I plum have forgot who they are now....Please leave me a note in the comments if I have been reading your blog and your not on my list. I hate it when I forget someone.

I guess this is all I have . I had a funny story to tell you but I will be darned if I can not remember what the heck it was...

As my aunt once told me must have not been important or it musta been a lie

Toodles

7 comments:

Karin said...

Ahh Blognesia my old friend. Hopefully you will remember your story later. If you want the best spinach artichoke dip you have to get the one from Olive Garden, it's not too salty. Hope meg cleans her room, actually maybe I don't then you will be spared a house full of little girls. My Mom loves Applebees too.

eyes_only4him said...

well I didnt really care for it... mean it was ok, but nothing i would ever get again..I love Olive Garden though.yum

I have been having bouts of blognesia latley..is there s specail doc we see for that?

Cliff said...

Hope you didn't hit the guy too hard. I had a gift certificate to Applebee's, you shoulda said something, I'd have given it to you.
Next week go back to the VFW hall. It's much funnier to read about than a restaraunt.

Jamie Dawn said...

It's neat that you and your mom hang out once a week. I miss my mom and my dad since we moved.
Applebees has some goooood food! I love their riblets and there's a Bourbon Street Steak that is really yummy. I've been dieting, so just about anything sounds divine right now.

Mr. Rogers is DEAD??????!!!!! Say it ain't so!

eyes_only4him said...

cliff,'if I would of known you had a GC I would of called ya straight awya and had ya join us;)..yes VFW is much funnier, but my lungs could not tkae the smell of the skome in there..I am a whimp;_

JD,
yes they sure do have good food. I love the garlic mashed potaots..

he dead jd..please dont cry;)

Jdrose,
well can I pretend to be 30 for the next 5-10 years?

that means you can too..(when you hit 30 heehee)

Kendra Lynn said...

Okay...you were supposed to put me on the blogroll...lol...you TOLD ME to remind you! There ya go...a reminder.

Melis said...

That's fantastic that you tried new things... not I, NEVER! :) Glad ya had a good nite out!

And you're right.. No! Who am I kidding... everything's important that written or wanted to write about in blogland! *wink* LOL