Thursday, June 02, 2005

It is true what they say.....

Ok...So I just moved to a new town recently..(new state actually)...And since we moved here in the winter..I have not walked around the town much..Well last night I decided to take a meander around the perimeter of the town..I was walking back from my tanning appt..When I decided I would take a different way(hoping I wouldn't get lost or mugged)...And I happened across the railroad tracks..In my previous town (where I was born and raised)..There were no tracks..So I never knew what the "wrong side of the tracks" looked like..I mean..We had messy neighborhoods..And run down homes..But they were spread throughout the town..
So on my walk...I could tell I was getting into a bad spot..First I saw a mini van..With a missing window..And it had cardboard and tape covering the big hole..I saw a house missing a door...Yes a door....I saw windows with NO screens...Kids bouncing on a trampoline..In their long pajamas..And a hose spraying on them..I kid you not..!!...Lets see what else did I see...Lawns that were as tall as the windows..Yet they took the time to pant flowers..But you cant see them cause the grass is too long!!
So I quickly made a b line for the mainstreet..Hoping to find my way home..I was a little scared...The folks was starring at me..Good thing I did not have my purse..Or I think I would have been a goner...Geesh....It was quite an ordeal let me tell you...Thank goodness I made it home..And I will never wander about aimlessly again..No mam I wont..:-)

3 comments:

Mr G said...

moral of the story:

"next time you see railroad tracks, retrace your steps"

if you knew you were coming fron the good side of town when you started your walk, crossing those rails was not really a good idea (he, he..)

Nice blog,
:)

keesh said...

very interesting. maybe a "tour" would be best fit in the car next time...:)

eyes_only4him said...

wel yes I am glad the van wasnt rockin jaws..lol...and I had no idea where my trail would take me..i will learn next time....and yes Kish...your right..I should of taken a tour first...:-)..live and learn..lol